Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring is Slowly Unfolding in The Northeast










Despite the cool temperatures here in the Northeast, I continue to find lovely surprises in my backyard. Each new day I explore my yard to uncover the latest signs and promises of springs arrival. It is so exciting! The chipmunks are stirring, running along the stonewalls and visiting our feeders. They continue to hoard and look so silly packing away their treasures. I laugh as I watch them. They are such a cute animal and so fun to watch. (Watching them is good medicine for the soul. They will have you smiling in no time, I promise) Well, we gladly welcome them back, TICKS and all. The Forsythia I cut and brought in to force, is blooming quite beautifully in my home and classroom. Their delicate yellow flowers are so bright and cheery. The Snowdrops and Crocus are happy swaying in the breeze as they offer the sweet taste of nectar to our honeybees. The pussywillows are full and ripe and the buds on the Lilac and Forsythia are swollen and bring more promise of the colorful and fragrant days to come. Spring invites a sense of wonder and hope. Mother Earth and her creatures have a built in rhythm unlike ours. Their rhythm has a simplicity I think we can all benefit from. Humans can become so tangled up in the demands of life. Well...when you need a break from all of that open up your back door and enjoy what nature has to offer. Bunnies nibbling and pairing up, flowers blooming, chipmunks scurrying about, bird singing lovely melodies and the world becoming greener and alive with color. Rejoice in its magic. That's my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment