Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Holiday Nature Goddess!







This is definitely one of my favorite things!


Just before the holidays I went on an annual trip to The Book Barn in Niantic, CT. I hit the jackpot! I found a book I've been looking for, I'd say, 20 years, easy. We decided to stop at this funky antique shop right near the book store. I was ecstatic when we discovered this wonderful collection of local beetles and butterflies. I'm always looking for a collection like this to put in my nature studio and share with my students. The glass in the frame had to be replaced because, according to the shop owner, a clumsy customer knocked it over and broke the glass in the frame. Fortunately there was very little damage done to the specimens and I was able to walk away with a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment